When you work to create an Oracle VM instance, you may forget to attach a public IP address. Sometimes the assigned IP address may be detached from the server.
This is a short video tutorial that shows you how to assign an IP address for the running VM instance. Check this article, if you want to know more about the IP address and how it works.
You can see that VPS does not have any public IP address. Let’s attach one.
- In the VM instance detailed page, find the “Attached VNICs” under the “resources”.
- Then click on the instance name, and you will redirect to a new page.
- Here under “Resources”, click the “IPv4 Addresses” link.
- There is not any assigned public IP address for this server. To attach the IP connect the 3 dots on the right side, then select “Edit”.
- You can choose either Ephemeral Public IP or Reserved Public IP. After selection, enter any name for the IP and click the “update” button.
- You can see a new public IP address has been attached to the VM instance.