After YouTube creators reach 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours, they can apply to the YouTube partner program. They can make money from YouTube by placing ads on their contents. Your YouTube revenue depends on various factors and conditions.
- Chanel niche
- Targeted countries
- View count and subscribes
- Number of videos
- Video length
- Title, tags and description of the videos
- Seasonal ads revenue changes
- Ads playback count
- Number of mid roll ads
- Number of click or CTR (click through rate
Revenue Per Mille (RPM) is a metric that represents how much money you’ve earned per 1,000 video views. RPM is based on several revenue sources including: Ads, Channel memberships, YouTube Premium revenue, Super Chat, and Super Stickers.
Cost per 1,000 impressions (CPM) is a metric that represents how much money advertisers are spending to show ads on YouTube. You’ll see a few different CPM metrics in YouTube Analytics:
- CPM: The cost an advertiser pays for 1,000 ad impressions. An ad impression is counted anytime an ad is displayed.
- Playback-based CPM: The cost an advertiser pays for 1,000 video playbacks where an ad is displayed.