There are a few common reasons why PayPal may not be accepting a card for purchases on a WooCommerce website:
- Invalid or expired card details – Make sure the card number, expiration date, CVC code entered are correct and that the card has not expired.
- Unsupported card type – PayPal may not support certain types of debit/credit cards. Make sure the card is a Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover card.
- Failed authorization from the issuing bank – Sometimes card payments get declined by the issuing bank for reasons like insufficient funds, fraud alerts, etc. Check with your bank.
- Payment gateway misconfiguration – There may be an issue with how PayPal is integrated and configured in the WooCommerce payment settings. The API credentials, certificates, etc. need to be properly set up.
- Geographical restrictions – Some cards do not work for cross-border or overseas transactions. Make sure your card allows international payments.
- PayPal account restrictions – Limited PayPal accounts may have restrictions blocking certain types of payments from going through.